PHEA CASE STUDIES:
- Public & Private Universities in Kenya: New Challenges, Issues & Achievements (2007)
- Change and Transformation in Ghana's Publicly-Funded Universities: A Study of Experiences, Lessons and Opportunities (2007)
- Gender in the Making of the Nigerian University System (2007)
- National Policy and a Regional Response in South Africa Higher Education (2004)
- Higher Education in Tanzania: A Case Study (2003)
- Makerere University in Transition, 1993-2000: Opportunities and Challenges (2003)
- Higher Education in Mozambique: A Case Study (2003)
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGIES:
- Annotated Bibliography on eLearning and Educational Technology in Africa (2007)
- ICT for Teaching, Learning, and Research (2003)
- More Bandwidth at Lower Cost (2003)
- Bandwidth Consolidation and Management for Universities Supported by the Partnership (2003)
NEXT GENERATION OF ACADEMICS:
- Deficits in Academic Staff Capacity in Africa. Final version. Study commissioned by the Partnership for Higher Education in Africa. Wisdom J. Tettey, May 2010.
- Developing and Retaining the Next Generation of Academics, the report of the Second University Leaders' Forum, November 2008.
- Perspectives on Developing and Retaining the Next Generation of Academics in African Universities: Report on the Workshop Workshop report from the Africa Grantmakers Affinity Group Conference, held in February 2008 in Johannesburg, South Africa. (2009)
- Developing and Retaining the Next Generation of Academics in African Universities: Funders' Perspectives. Report from the Africa Grantmakers Affinity Group Retreat, held in February 2008 in Johannesburg, South Africa. (2009)
PHEA AND BACKGROUND:
- A Case Study of the Partnership for Higher Education in Africa: Lessons from a Ten-Year Funder Collaborative (October 2010)
- Accomplishments of the Partnership for Higher Education in Afria, 2000-2010: Report on a decade of collaborative foundation investment [PDF, 3.5M] (2010)
- PHEA Activities 2008-2009: Summary of activity highlights in PHEA focal areas and quantitative analysis of grantmaking
- Basic vs. Higher Education by Rohini Nilekani and Suzanne Grant Lewis. Alliance 14:1 March 2009.
- The Partnership for Higher Education in Africa -- Onto the Next Five Years by Narciso Matos. International Higher Education (44) Summer 2006.
- African Universities: Stories of Change (brochure, 2005)